Re: [GIT PULL] locking tree changes for v3.16

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Wed Jun 04 2014 - 13:22:35 EST

On Wed, Jun 04, 2014 at 09:17:20AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 3:30 AM, Peter Zijlstra <peterz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Ingo is 'missing' most of the time, so while I sit here with a massive
> > queue of patches its nearly impossible for me to get anything merged :-(
>
> Ugh. I'd love to get this whole locking stuff sorted out. At worst,
> could you just set up a git tree of your own with the locking patches?
> Or I could even just take an emailed patch-series, although I do
> prefer the convenience of a git pull.. This has been going on for a
> _loong_ time now.

I wrote a script a week or so ago that exports my quilt series to a git
tree based on tip branches; the locking/core tree is:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/peterz/queue.git locking/core

It has the rwsem opt spinning patches and the qrwlock in.

I still need to look at the last qspinlock thing, the last time I looked
at that the paravirt stuff wrecked the native case.

I _think_ tip/locking/core is empty and you could pull that into your
tree without getting tons of extra weird stuff, but if you prefer a tree
based on your git tree I'll have to do some manual stuff but that is
certainly possible.

Also, this 'obviously' does not have the normal tip build coverage,
because I usually rely on the tip build robots to do that. But it does
build and run for all my local machines.