Re: [GIT PULL] EFI urgent fix

From: Leif Lindholm
Date: Fri Jun 20 2014 - 09:39:31 EST

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 10:28:48AM +0100, Catalin Marinas wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 10:00:08AM +0100, Matt Fleming wrote:
> > Please pull the following compiler warning fix. Sorry, I've been pretty
> > slow in getting this pull request sent. Multiple people have reported
> > hitting it and I've now received 4 patches for the same warning,
>
> BTW, one of them is not just a simple warning but a bug. Pointer to
> "long" variable on the stack passed to a function that only takes a
> pointer to "int". We are probably lucky that we don't hit the bug on
> arm64.
>
> Anyway, thanks for pushing the fix.
>
> (and lesson learnt not to trust the ARM EFI_STUB developers, won't name
> them, with properly testing their code ;))

The code was tested and showed no runtime problems - but I did manage
to miss the warnings.

I did post an alternative patch for one half of this a week before
anyone else, but that one seems to have been ignored, even by gmane:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-efi/msg03924.html

That form will still be required for the 32-bit arm support, since
strncmp is not available in the zImage.

/
Leif