[RFC] CMA page migration failure due to buffers on bh_lru

From: Gioh Kim
Date: Mon Jun 23 2014 - 21:12:58 EST

Hello,

I am trying to apply CMA feature for my platform.
My kernel version, 3.10.x, is not allocating memory from CMA area so that I applied
a Joonsoo Kim's patch (https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/5/28/64).
Now my platform can use CMA area effectively.

But I have many failures to allocate memory from CMA area.
I found the same situation to Laura Abbott's patch descrbing, https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/8/31/313,
that releases buffer-heads attached at CPU's LRU list.

If Joonsoo's patch is applied and/or CMA feature is applied more and more,
buffer-heads problem is going to be serious definitely.

Please look into the Laura's patch again.
I think it must be applied with Joonsoo's patch.