On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 05:45:15PM -0400, Murali Karicheri wrote:Bjorn,
This patch add PCIe controller driver for Keystone SoCs. This
is based on v2 of the series posted to the mailing list.
Keystone PCI controller is based on version 3.65 of the DW
hardware. This driver re-uses some of the DW core driver
functions and required modification in some to support
the old DW h/w based Keystone driver.
Please review and let me know if you have any comments.
I'm waiting for acks from Mohit or Jingoo for the designware changes.
I'd also like an ack from the devicetree folks for the Keystone binding.Ok
And I think we need a MAINTAINERS update for drivers/pci/host/\*keystone\*I will address your comments against 5/5 and discuss them if any and make the above update for v4 and send the patch set to the list.
CC: Santosh Shilimkar<santosh.shilimkar@xxxxxx>
CC: Russell King<linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: Grant Likely<grant.likely@xxxxxxxxxx>
CC: Rob Herring<robh+dt@xxxxxxxxxx>
CC: Mohit Kumar<mohit.kumar@xxxxxx>
CC: Jingoo Han<jg1.han@xxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: Bjorn Helgaas<bhelgaas@xxxxxxxxxx>
CC: Pratyush Anand<pratyush.anand@xxxxxx>
CC: Richard Zhu<r65037@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: Kishon Vijay Abraham I<kishon@xxxxxx>
CC: Marek Vasut<marex@xxxxxxx>
CC: Arnd Bergmann<arnd@xxxxxxxx>
CC: Pawel Moll<pawel.moll@xxxxxxx>
CC: Mark Rutland<mark.rutland@xxxxxxx>
CC: Ian Campbell<ijc+devicetree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: Kumar Gala<galak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: Randy Dunlap<rdunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: Grant Likely<grant.likely@xxxxxxxxxx>
- DW application register handling code is now part of
Keystone PCI driver. RFC had this code part of Keystone
PCI driver, then V1 moved this to a separate file to
re-use on other platforms that uses this version of the
DW h/w. Then based on comments against v2, this is moved
back to Keystone driver.
- Keystone SerDes phy driver is removed from this series so that
this can be merged independent of that patch
- added msi_set_irq()/clear_irq() API's to support Keystone
- Split the designware pcie enhancement patch to multiple
patches based on functionality added
- Remove the quirk code and add a patch to fix mps/mrss
tuning for ARM. Use kernel command line parameter
pci=pcie_bus_perf to work with Keystone PCI Controller.
Following patch addressed this.
[PATCH v1] ARM: pci: add call to pcie_bus_configure_settings()
- Add documentation for device tree bindings
- Add separate interrupt controller nodes for MSI and Legacy
IRQs and use irq map for legacy IRQ
- Use compatibility to identify v3.65 version of the DW hardware
and use it to customize the designware common code.
- Use reg property for configuration space instead of range
- Other minor updates based on code inspection.
- Add an interrupt controller node for Legacy irq chip and use
interrupt map/map-mask property to map legacy IRQs A/B/C/D
- Add a Phy driver to replace the original serdes driver
- Move common application register handling code to a separate
file to allow re-use across other platforms that use older
DW PCIe h/w
- PCI quirk for maximum read request size. Check and override only
if the maximum is higher than what controller can handle.
- Converted to a module platform driver.
Murali Karicheri (5):
PCI: designware: add rd[wr]_other_conf API
PCI: designware: refactor MSI code to work with v3.65 dw hardware
PCI: designware: refactor host init code to re-use on keystone PCI
PCI: designware: enhance dw core driver to support Keystone PCI host
PCI: add PCI controller for Keystone PCIe h/w
.../devicetree/bindings/pci/designware-pcie.txt | 2 +
.../devicetree/bindings/pci/pci-keystone.txt | 69 +++
drivers/pci/host/Kconfig | 5 +
drivers/pci/host/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/pci/host/pci-keystone-dw.c | 523 ++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/pci/host/pci-keystone.c | 381 ++++++++++++++
drivers/pci/host/pci-keystone.h | 56 +++
drivers/pci/host/pcie-designware.c | 206 ++++++--
drivers/pci/host/pcie-designware.h | 17 +-
9 files changed, 1207 insertions(+), 53 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pci/pci-keystone.txt
create mode 100644 drivers/pci/host/pci-keystone-dw.c
create mode 100644 drivers/pci/host/pci-keystone.c
create mode 100644 drivers/pci/host/pci-keystone.h