Re: [workqueue] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 76 at drivers/block/floppy.c:968 schedule_bh()

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Tue Jul 08 2014 - 10:46:40 EST

On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 10:04:30AM -0400, Tejun Heo wrote:
> Hmmm... this is schedule_bh() in floppy.c complaining that the work
> item is already pending. The cond_resched() addition by b22ce2785d97
> doesn't change the semantics around work item execution although it
> could have exposed an existing problem in the floppy driver. I'll
> look into how this could happen.

It doesn't reproduce here and nothing really stands out to me. It
probably involves floppy_work requeueing itself and something else
getting executed inbetween which wouldn't have happend before, but I
can't figure out what that could be and either can I follow the
control flow the driver. :)

Jiri, any ideas?

Thanks.

--