[PATCH v7 0/4] ARM: Exynos: PMU cleanup and refactoring for using DT
From: Pankaj Dubey
Date: Wed Jul 09 2014 - 00:03:50 EST
This patch series, modifies Exynos Power Management Unit (PMU) related code
for converting it into a platform_driver. This is also preparation for moving
PMU related code out of machine folder into a either "drivers/mfd", or
"drivers/power" or some other suitable place so that ARM64 based SoC can
utilize common piece of code.
These patches are created on top of Kukjin Kim's for-next.
I have tested this patches on Exynos5250 Snow board for system boot and S2R.
This patch series depends on following two patch series:
: mfd: syscon: Decouple syscon interface from syscon devices.
: Cleanup patches for mach-exynos.
Patch v6 and discussion can be found here:
Change since v6:
- Removed NULL check for pmu_data in pmu.c.
- Moved pmu_raw_readl and pmu_raw_writel inline helper function
Change Since v5:
- Squashed patch "Move "mach/map.h" inclusion from regs-pmu.h to platsmp.c"
into patch "Refactored code for using PMU address via DT".
- Addressed review comments from Tomasz Figa.
- Using init_irq machine function to initialize PMU mapping instead
- Rebased on latest Kukjin Kim's for-next branch.
Changes Since v4:
- Splitted patch series in two parts. Part 1 has code cleanup under mach-exynos
and posted as separate patch . Current patchset is part 2 which modified
exynos pmu implementation for making it platform driver.
- Removed dependency over early_syscon API.
- Removed usage of regmap read/write APIs.
- Modified probe function to register exynos pmu as syscon provider using
Tomasz Figa's syscon patch .
- Address various other review comments from Tomasz Figa.
- Removed signed-off-by of Young-Gun Jang <yg1004.jang@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
as this id is no more valid. Taking ownership of all his patches.
Changes Since v3:
- Optimized exynos_pmu_probe function by removing exynos_pmu_data_init
as suggested by Vikas Sajjan.
- Modified syscon_early_regmap_lookup_by_phandle and
syscon_regmap_lookup_by_phandle function call to pass property as NULL.
Changes Since v2:
- Rebased on top of Daniel Lezcano's Exynos cpuidle refactor patches.
- Removed early mapping of PMU base address from exynos.c and removed
"get_exynos_pmuaddr" function. Instead of this added code in platsmp.c
to get PMU base address using of_iomap as suggested by Tomasz Figa.
- Converted PMU implementation into platform_driver by using static
Changes Since v1:
- Rebased on latest for-next of Kukjin Kim's tree.
- Updated patch: Add support for mapping PMU base address via DT
- Removed __initdata from declaration of "exynos_pmu_base", as it caused
kernel crash as pointed out by Vikas Sajjan.
- Added support for Syscon initialization and getting PMU regmap handle
as suggested by Sylwester. Since current implementation of early
intialization  has limitation that "early_syscon_init" requires
DT to be unflattened and system should be able to allocate memory,
we can't use regmap handles for platsmp.c file as "smp_secondary_init"
will be called before DT unflattening. So I have kept both method for
accessing PMU base address. platsmp.c will use ioremmaped address where
as rest other files can use regmap handle.
- Updated patch: Refactored code for PMU register mapping via DT
- Modified to use regmap_read/write when using regmap handle.
- Added patch: Add device tree based initialization support for PMU.
- Convert existing PMU implementation to be a device tree based
before moving it to "drivers/mfd" folder. As suggested by Bartlomiej.
- Dropped making a platform_driver for PMU, as currently PMU binding
has two compatibility strings as "samsung, exynosxxx-pmu", "syscon",
once we enable MFD_SYSCON config option, current "syscon" driver probe
gets called and PMU probe never gets called. So modified PMU
initialization code to scan DT and match against supported compatiblity
string in driver code, and once we get matching node use that for
accessing PMU regmap handle using "syscon_early_regmap_lookup_by_phandle".
If there is any better solution please suggest.
Pankaj Dubey (4):
ARM: EXYNOS: Add support for mapping PMU base address via DT
ARM: EXYNOS: Refactored code for using PMU address via DT
ARM: EXYNOS: Add platform driver support for Exynos PMU
ARM: EXYNOS: Move PMU specific definitions from common.h
arch/arm/mach-exynos/Kconfig | 1 +
arch/arm/mach-exynos/common.h | 28 +-
arch/arm/mach-exynos/exynos-pmu.h | 24 ++
arch/arm/mach-exynos/exynos.c | 49 ++-
arch/arm/mach-exynos/include/mach/map.h | 3 -
arch/arm/mach-exynos/mcpm-exynos.c | 8 +-
arch/arm/mach-exynos/platsmp.c | 4 +-
arch/arm/mach-exynos/pm.c | 77 ++--
arch/arm/mach-exynos/pmu.c | 225 ++++++++---
arch/arm/mach-exynos/regs-pmu.h | 522 +++++++++++++-------------
arch/arm/plat-samsung/include/plat/map-s5p.h | 1 -
11 files changed, 555 insertions(+), 387 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-exynos/exynos-pmu.h
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/