Re: perf tools: Call graph from Intel BTS

From: Adrian Hunter
Date: Sat Jul 12 2014 - 01:33:37 EST

On 11/07/2014 6:36 p.m., Peter Zijlstra wrote:
On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 05:36:41PM +0300, Adrian Hunter wrote:
Alexander Shishkin is working on the Intel PT driver for perf
and has included a driver for Intel BTS. I have taken that and

There is already a BTS driver, although I've not used it ever, since
there's no useful tool for it. One way would be to use that, and migrate
to PT data later.

Currently that driver does not allow kernel tracing. Last time I tried it
with that restriction removed, it would lose data on larger workloads.
Generally, any loss of data ruins the call graph.

For me it does not make sense to try to support it, since I am primarily
trying to pave the way for the Intel PT driver.