[PATCH 0/2 v2] sched: Rewrite per entity runnable load average tracking
From: Yuyang Du
Date: Mon Jul 14 2014 - 03:18:48 EST
This patchset is really imbalanced in size.
The 1/2 patch is not simply resending, but for two reasons: 1) this rewrite
does not include rq's runnable load_avg, and 2) more importantly, I want to
reduce the size of the 2/2 patch, this is the only way I know how.
The 2/2 patch is very big. Sorry for that, but as this patch is a rewrite, I can
only do it in an all-or-nothing manner. Splitting it will not make each small one
compile or correctly function.
I'd like to thank PeterZ and Ben for their help in fixing the issues and improving
the quality in this version. And Fengguang and his 0Day in finding compile errors
in different configurations.
- Batch update the tg->load_avg, making sure it is up-to-date before update_cfs_shares
- Remove migrating task from the old CPU/cfs_rq, and do so with atomic operations
- Retrack lod_avg of group's entities (if any), since we need it in task_h_load calc,
and do it along with its own cfs_rq's update
- Fix 32bit overflow issue of cfs_rq's load_avg, now it is 64bit, should be safe
- Change load.weight in effective_load which uses runnable load_avg consistently
Yuyang Du (2):
sched: Remove update_rq_runnable_avg
sched: Rewrite per entity runnable load average tracking
include/linux/sched.h | 13 +-
kernel/sched/debug.c | 32 +--
kernel/sched/fair.c | 644 ++++++++++++++++++++-----------------------------
kernel/sched/proc.c | 2 +-
kernel/sched/sched.h | 34 +--
5 files changed, 287 insertions(+), 438 deletions(-)
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/