Re: question regarding drivers/staging/iio/adc/ad7280a.c

From: Jonathan Cameron
Date: Tue Jul 15 2014 - 13:29:21 EST

On 14/07/14 21:31, Himangi Saraogi wrote:
Hi,

The code seems to have a memory leak. The function ad7280_attr_init
calls kasprintf a number of times, which calls kmalloc (or more
precisely kmalloc_track_caller), but this data does not ever seem to
be freed. I propose to introduce a devm_ version of kasprintf, which
will be useful for other files also. I am not very sure that will it
be useful to introduce a bunch of kfrees, just to remove the memory
leaks immediately, but I think it would be safer just to devm
everything, so then one is sure that everything is freed as it should
be, in the right order.

The question here is whether such a memory leak squashing would be
worth applying to stable. Personally I'd go with no. In which case
feel free to fix it via the introduction of a devm version.

Jonathan
Thanks
Himangi