Re: I2C Slave monitor mode support

From: Wolfram Sang
Date: Fri Jul 18 2014 - 08:35:27 EST

> Currently, one would have to put a loop on the address transfer waiting an ack
> is received in user space.

This is what most i2c master drivers would need to do anyhow. I have
never heard of hardware support for that. Do you know an IP core which
does that? And how are timeouts defined/handled?

> This helps the app or the user software to not busy wait considering the slow
> clk of i2c.

Currently, this is not supported in Linux I2C. It probably could be
using another I2C_M_* flag, but a number of details need to be designed
and implemented first. Would you be interested?

Kind regards,

Wolfram