Run-time dependencies for STE Modem remoteproc driver

From: Jean Delvare
Date: Mon Jul 21 2014 - 12:15:34 EST

Hi all,

While other remoteproc drivers have proper platform dependencies set
(OMAP_REMOTEPROC depends on ARCH_OMAP4 || SOC_OMAP5, DA8XX_REMOTEPROC
depends on ARCH_DAVINCI_DA8XX), STE_MODEM_RPROC has no such
dependencies. So the driver is presented on all architectures and can
be enabled even on platforms where it makes no sense.

Could we please add run-time dependencies so that the driver can only
be selected where it makes sense? We can always add || COMPILE_TEST to
allow build-testing everywhere.

This brings the question: on which architectures / platforms is the STE
Modem remoteproc driver needed?

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare