Re: net, phonet, rcu: rcu hang within gprs_attach

From: RÃmi Denis-Courmont
Date: Fri Jul 25 2014 - 03:52:16 EST

Hello,

Le 2014-07-25 01:19, Sasha Levin a ÃcritÂ:
This has reproduced couple of times, and has always originated from
gprs_attach. I don't see any obvious
issues with the code there, so I'm not sure if it's a fault of the
phonet or the rcu code.

Beats me :-( Is it systematic or pseudo-random?

To be honest, I do not remember how well we tested that error path way back when. Nevertheless gprs_detach() does basically the same thing, in the non-error case, and it definitely worked well as far as I could tell.

Maybe Phonet should be dropped though. As much as I like to have my name in MAINTAINERS, I have not heard of any remaining users for up-to-date kernel versions. And with Broadcom shutting down what was Nokia Wireless Modems, I doubt we will see new users ever.

--
RÃmi Denis-Courmont