Re: "copy_to_user" function not working in stable build "2.6.36.4"

From: zubraz singha
Date: Sun Jul 27 2014 - 04:58:24 EST

My mistake, I forgot to add this, the "copy_to_user" function I'm
referring here is for "X86"
based architecture.

What I have found:
-> 2.6.36.4
* "copy_to_user" calls "_copy_to_user"
* "_copy_to_user" no definition.

-> 3.14
* copy_to_user calls "_copy_to_user"
* "_copy_to_user" has a definiton
* _copy_to_user is defined as a function call to access_ok function
and __copy_to_user.

I was just wondering if the fix present in kernel versions "3.14" for
this , will work straight forward on "2.6.36.4". What I mean is
whether back porting of this fix will work, or there are other
parameters to consider.

--
-- Regards
Zubraj Singha