Re: Help with Brtfs Bugs

From: Hugo Mills
Date: Mon Jul 28 2014 - 06:09:22 EST

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 12:00:03AM -0400, Nick Krause wrote:
> Hey Josef,
> Seems there are a lot of brtfs bugs open on the kernel Bugzilla. I am
> new to the brtfs
> side of development so please let me known if you want help cleaning
> up some of the
> bugs here that are actually valid and still open.

Make up your mind... this is the third unrelated idea you've had
about working in the area of btrfs. You're bouncing around all over
the place like a hyperactive puppy. Pick *one* thing, and just do it.
Put in the effort to learn about the subsystem (read my earlier emails
for a good approach here). Accept that there are no easy one-liners in
the kernel. The path to writing your first kernel patch is *hard*.
Don't give up at the first hint that each thing isn't going to be
solved in 5 minutes.

Hugo.

PGP key: 65E74AC0 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
--- What part of "gestalt" don't you understand? ---