Re: Eudyptula Challenge (Task 10)

From: Jason Cooper
Date: Mon Jul 28 2014 - 11:47:17 EST

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 05:53:19AM -0700, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Can you folks please stop this challenge Bullshit? More checkpatch
> fixes is not something we'll need at all.

Greg and Dan have previously said that the staging tree is a good place
for newcomers to submit checkpatch cleanup patches. However, I think
there are a few tweaks that could be made to the Eudyptula Challenge to
avoid this noise/frustration:

- No need to send to lkml, the staging tree ML is probably fine.

- Don't mention Eudyptula Challenge, it's not relevant to the patch.
* It looks like you want a cookie. We have none.

- Submit the patch to the Challenge admins first for review. This
patch submission should have never made the cut.
- No S-o-B
- MIME attachment
- Subject line is just wrong
- Full name missing in From:

I've worked with several participants of the challenge and never saw
this many things wrong with a patch submission. Either the admins are
dropping the ball, or this participant got loose somehow. :)

It makes me wonder if they should start with a git workflow from day
one? It would prevent a lot of these avoidable mistakes.

thx,

Jason.