checkpatch.pl report about "Missing blank line after declarations" in a structure definition

From: Dotan Barak
Date: Mon Aug 04 2014 - 07:20:51 EST

Hi Joe.

Thanks for fixing the issue that I reported about.

It seems that even after your fix, there is still a false warning of "Missing blank line after declarations".

I executed checkpatch.pl on a header file that exists in the Linux tree:
# ./checkpatch.pl --file --no-tree ../include/linux/mlx5/cq.h

And got the following warning:

WARNING: Missing a blank line after declarations
#49: FILE: ../include/linux/mlx5/cq.h:49:
+ int irqn;
+ void (*comp) (struct mlx5_core_cq *);

Here is the structure that checkpatch.pl is complaining about:

<snip start>
struct mlx5_core_cq {
u32 cqn;
int cqe_sz;
__be32 *set_ci_db;
__be32 *arm_db;
atomic_t refcount;
struct completion free;
unsigned vector;
int irqn;
void (*comp) (struct mlx5_core_cq *);
void (*event) (struct mlx5_core_cq *, enum mlx5_event);
struct mlx5_uar *uar;
u32 cons_index;
unsigned arm_sn;
struct mlx5_rsc_debug *dbg;
int pid;
};
<snip end>

As you can see, this is a structure definition and IMHO the warning above is false.

Thanks!

Dotan Barak
Sr. Staff Engineer, Windows verification
Mellanox Technologies
Beit Mellanox
Yokneam, 20692

Office: +972-74-7236271