Usage of _PAGE_PCD et al in i915 driver

From: Juergen Gross
Date: Fri Aug 08 2014 - 07:23:44 EST

Hi,

I'm just about to create a patch for full PAT support in the Linux
kernel, including Xen. For this purpose I introduce a translation
between cache modes and pte bits.

Scanning the kernel sources for usage of the cache mode bits in the
pte I discovered drivers/gpu/drm/i915/i915_gem_gtt.h is using
_PAGE_PCD, _PAGE_PWT and _PAGE_PAT. I think those defines are used
to create ptes not for usage by the main processor, but for the
graphics processor. Is this true? In this case I'd suggest to define
i915-specific macros instead of using the x86 ones.

Juergen