Re: [sched] 143e1e28cb4: +17.9% aim7.jobs-per-min, -9.7% hackbench.throughput

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Sun Aug 10 2014 - 11:05:30 EST

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 06:54:13PM +0800, Fengguang Wu wrote:
> The "brickland1/aim7/6000-page_test" is the test case part.
>
> The "TOTAL XXX" is the metric part. One test run may generate lots of
> metrics, reflecting different aspect of the system dynamics.
>
> This view may be easier to read, by grouping the metrics by test case.

Right, at least that makes more sense.

> test case: brickland1/aim7/6000-page_test

Ok, so next question, what is a brickland? I suspect its a machine of
sorts, seeing how some others had wsm in that part of the test. Now I
know what a westmere is, but I've never heard of a brickland.

Please describe the machine, this is a topology patch, so we need to
know the topology of the affected machines.