Re: x86: vmalloc and THP

From: Oren Twaig
Date: Tue Aug 12 2014 - 12:21:07 EST

Hi Kirill,

I saw the thread has developed nicely :), still - wanted to answer your question
below.

On 8/12/2014 9:07 AM, Kirill A. Shutemov wrote:
On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 08:00:54AM +0300, Oren Twaig wrote:
plain/text, please.
Yes - noticed the html, sent again in plain text.
If not, is there any fast way to change this behavior ? Maybe by
changing the granularity/alignment of such allocations to allow such
mapping ?
What's the point to use vmalloc() in this case?
I've noticed that some lock/s are using linear addresses which are
located at 0xffffc901922b4500 and from what I understand
from mm.txt (kernel 3.0.101):
*ffffc90000000000 - ffffe8ffffffffff (=45 bits) vmalloc/ioremap space

*So I'm not sure who/how/why this lock got allocated there, but obviously
it is using that linear set. No ?

---