Re: [GIT PULL] Smaller btrfs pull

From: Chris Mason
Date: Sat Aug 16 2014 - 12:47:05 EST

On 08/16/2014 11:11 AM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Chris Mason <clm@xxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I've been running xfstests with these against your current git
>> overnight, but I'm queueing up longer tests as well. I understand
>> you may want to wait until rc2, but either way I'll get a sane queue
>> into my linux-next branch for the rest of the rcs.
>
> You completely mis-understand.
>
> If something isn't appropriate for the merge window, then it sure as
> HELL isn't appropriate for later rc's either.
>
> So I'm not going to pull some "stragglers" later and just pull some
> initial stuff now. That's not how this works.

Hi Linus,

Sorry that I wasn't clear. I had already pushed 1/2 of the commits off
to the 3.18 merge window. Of the remaining commits, my plan was to send
the fixes that would qualify for rc2 or rc3 during those rcs.

I was trying to say that I fully expected these patches to be closely
inspected. I'll bring my white gloves.

-chris