CONFIG_ENABLE_VMALLOC_SAVING problem

From: Wang, Yalin
Date: Tue Aug 19 2014 - 03:32:59 EST

Hi

I found when I enable CONFIG_ENABLE_VMALLOC_SAVING on ARM arch,
Vmalloc still only use VMALLOC_START --  VMALLOC_END virtual address,
It don't use the memory hole address,
Only  function call  get_vm_area_caller  like ioremap can use
These memory hole address .

Why not change vmalloc also use this address?

Another problem is that when I cat /proc/meminfo ,
The VmallocTotal item  show  doesn't include memory hole address,
It only show VMALLOC_START --  VMALLOC_END  ,
I think it is not correct here , should add memory hole as vmalloc when
CONFIG_ENABLE_VMALLOC_SAVING  is enabled , isn't it ?

Thanks