task_numa_fault() && TASK_DEAD

From: Oleg Nesterov
Date: Wed Sep 03 2014 - 12:11:30 EST

On 09/02, Oleg Nesterov wrote:

> The usage of TASK_DEAD in task_numa_fault() is wrong in any case.

Rik, I can't understand why task_numa_fault() needs this check at all,
but "if (p->state == TASK_DEAD)" looks certainly wrong. You could replace
this check with BUG_ON(p->state == TASK_DEAD). Perhaps you meant PF_EXITING?

And a stupid (really, I don't understand this code) question:

/* for example, ksmd faulting in a user's mm */
if (!p->mm)
return;

OK, but perhaps it make sense to pass "mm" as another argument and do

/* ksmd faulting in a user's mm, or debugger, or kthread use_mm() caller */
if (p->mm != mm)
return;

?

Oleg.