Re: [kernel.org PATCH] Li Zefan is now the 3.4 stable maintainer

From: Li Zefan
Date: Thu Sep 04 2014 - 03:24:38 EST

Hi Guenter,

Sorry for my late reply.

On 2014/8/27 12:59, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 04:08:58PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
>> Li has agreed to continue to support the 3.4 stable kernel tree until
>> September 2016. Update the releases.html page on kernel.org to reflect
>> this.
>>
> Li,
>
> it would be great if you can send me information about your -stable queue,
> ie how you maintain it and where it is located. This will enable me to
> continue testing the stable queue for the 3.4 kernel.

Thanks for testing LTS kernels!

This is my 3.4.y git tree:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/lizf/linux-3.4.y.git/

And this is the patch queue:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/lizf/linux-3.4.y-queue.git/

I use quilt. When I've added some patches to 3.4.y, I'll update this
queue. The patches and series file are under /patches. Currently there's
already a patch in the queue.

When I release a new version, I'll clean up the queue by removing all
the files under /patches.

Hope this is all the information you need. Please tell me if you need
me to slightly adjust my workflow so it's easier for you.