Re: ååï Re: ååï Re: ååï Re: ååï Re: ååï Status of 'unicore32' architecture in Linux kernel

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Mon Sep 08 2014 - 09:36:16 EST

On 09/08/2014 05:57 AM, Xuetao Guan wrote:

----- Guenter Roeck <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> åéï
On 09/04/2014 11:13 PM, Xuetao Guan wrote:
Hi,

I made everything I have available at http://server.roeck-us.net/qemu/unicore32/.
I tried multiple variants for creating the root file system, including the one
on https://github.com/gxt/UniCore32.git and the one using mkrootfs.sh in
the link above. No difference - I always see the same crash. Note that the
'init' program is loading, but crashes with above error (0x0000000b is SIGSEGV
unless I am missing something).

Note that I used the latest qemu for unicore from upstream sources; I was unable
to compile it from git@xxxxxxxxxx:gxt/QEMU.git. Qemu configuration did not seem
to make a difference. The toolchain was extracted from uc4-1.0.5-hard.tgz.

Hope this helps,
Guenter

I guess you used the newest kernel to run busybox.
However, as for unicore32, the newest kernel uses different ABI with uc4-1.0.5 toolchain.
I'm sorry to make it so confusing.
I'll update and submit another-ABI patches asap.

Whatever is more recent. Guess you'll have to either update the toolchain
or the kernel. If the plan is to update the kernel, can you send me a patch
to do that so I can test it ?

Thanks,
Guenter