Re: [Patch v4 1/2] freezer: check OOM kill while being frozen

From: Cong Wang
Date: Mon Sep 08 2014 - 13:40:23 EST

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 4:32 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Saturday, September 06, 2014 07:45:54 AM Tejun Heo wrote:

>> > Rafael is known not responsive at least for this topic. :)
>>
>> :(
>
> Well, am I?
>
> I haven't commented patches in this thread so far, mostly because other
> people have.
>
> How can I help actually?

We asked you to comment on either if this patch is safe for PM freeze
if we don't have the cgroup_freezing() check, or if it is not safe why (so that
I can put it in the comment).

>> > The changelog is not long enough?? ;-) I hate to copy+paste changelog
>> > into comments, changelog is essentially necessary for people to understand
>> > kernel code (at least networking) , so I don't think we have to move it
>> > into comments in this case.
>>
>> It doesn't have to be the same text but the current comment is
>> basically content-less. e.g. it can just say "OOM killer may get
>> stuck trying to kill a cgroup frozen task" and actualy provide
>> information on what condition the conditional tries to address.
>
> Or something like "We need to check X to prevent Y from happening".

OK, maybe just one or two sentences. Let me know if the following
comment is okay for you:

/* OOM killer might decide to kill this process after it is frozen,
in this case it should thaw and die. */

Thanks.