Re: [GIT PULL 00/13] perf/core improvements and fixes

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
Date: Tue Sep 09 2014 - 12:00:13 EST

Em Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 04:54:49PM +0200, Ingo Molnar escreveu:
> * Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <acme@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Em Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 11:48:20AM +0300, Adrian Hunter escreveu:
> > > It looks like I reposted older versions by mistake on 31 July.
> > > Very sorry :-(

> > > The originals were changed as described here:

> > > http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=140621020918615
> > > http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=140618721010170

> > No problem, the good thing is that we're almost getting it all
> > in. I'll rework the branch and resubmit, Ingo, is that OK with
> > you? [...]

> Yeah, that's perfectly OK.

> > [...] Or have you already pulled and we should instead send a
> > patch on top, fixing the problem?

> I pulled it locally then unpulled as it didn't pass my (very
> simple) tests and it looked like there's something fishy going
> on.

Yeah, I should've tested this more, will make sure I test these things
this time.

Having a requirement that for each new feature we need an entry in 'perf
test' and/or in make -C tools/perf build-test seems a bit harsh, but
would be ideal, hook that to 'git request-pull' and this would hopefully
only happen every celestial aligment nights or so :-\

- Arnaldo