RE: randconfig build error with next-20140909, in drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/cnic.c

From: Anish Bhatt
Date: Tue Sep 09 2014 - 16:24:37 EST

This is caused by c99d667e8527 ("cnic : Cleanup CONFIG_IPV6 & VLAN check")

So I'm not really sure what the fix for this is. CNIC will properly only support
[m] or [n] when IPV6 is compiled as a module, but if you set SCSI_BNX2X_FCOE or
SCSI_BNX2_ISCSI to be in built, there is a 'select CNIC' that forces CNIC to be
inbuilt, even though this is not supported by Kconfig. I was under the
assumption that select will not forcibly change m to inbuilt (or perhaps I'm
missing some syntax suboption ?)

This is still fixable in SCSI_BNX2_ISCSI using the same logic used in the above
mentioned commit, but not so in SCSI_BNX2X_FCOE where it causes a recursive
dependency error (thought it is fixing the issue nevertheless), and none of the
other solutions I tried seemed to work either.

Looking at previous code, the earlier approach used to just disable ipv6 code
in such a situation.
-Anish