Re: match_token weird behavior

From: Randy Dunlap
Date: Wed Sep 17 2014 - 16:33:22 EST

On 09/17/14 11:20, Steve French wrote:
> Noticing something very strange with match_token. I had five strings
> I need to compare a version string (protocol dialect eg. "2.1" or
> "3.0") against, to find which it matches (if any), but adding one to
> the list (now checking for one of six strings instead of five) causes
> the error case to always default to element 3 (in my example looks as
> if it matched to the 2.1 string) instead of the error case.
>
> enum smb_version {
> Smb_1 = 1,
> Smb_20,
> Smb_21,
> Smb_30,
> Smb_302,
> };
>
> static const match_table_t cifs_smb_version_tokens = {
> { Smb_1, SMB1_VERSION_STRING },
> { Smb_20, SMB20_VERSION_STRING},
> { Smb_21, SMB21_VERSION_STRING },
> { Smb_30, SMB30_VERSION_STRING },
> { Smb_302, SMB302_VERSION_STRING },
> };

You don't tell us what the actual string values are, but I'm guessing that
SMB302_VERSION_STRING is a subset (same in first N characters) of SMB30_VERSION_STRING. ??

In that case I think that match_token() will return a ptr to SMB_30 instead of to
SMB_302 when the input is "3.02" (matches "3.0" due to the kernel's implementation
of strcmp() stopping at the end of string1 (where string1 is "3.0" in this case).

If that is all correct, then could your return value be off by 1?

--
~Randy