Re: [RFC 1/2] aio: async readahead

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Fri Sep 19 2014 - 07:26:17 EST

Requiring the block mappings to be entirely async is why we never went
for full buffered aio. What would seem more useful is to offload all
readahead to workqueues to make sure they never block the caller for
sys_readahead or if we decide to readahead for the nonblocking read.

I tried to implement this, but I couldn't find a good place to hang
the work_struct for it off. If we decide to dynamically allocate
the ra structure separate from struct file that might be an obvious
place.