Re: FIX ME in oxu210p-hcd.c

From: gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun Sep 21 2014 - 23:06:58 EST

Damm, didn't configure my kill-file correctly, and this snuck in, so
might as well respond...

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 10:36:18PM -0400, nick wrote:
> On 14-09-21 10:24 PM, gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >> Sorry Greg,
> >> I don't want to get banned again. I was trying to help out and learn, I was apologizing not
> >> for wasting time as much as for making sure I wasn't wasting maintainer time again. I also
> >> am coming to the conclusion that my terrible patches were a waste of time and I am trying
> >> to get back into helping out.
> >
> > You were asked to finish the Eudyptula challenge before bothering any
> > other kernel developers with questions / patches. Until that happens,
> > you are in my killfile, now with yet-another-email-address.
> >
> Greg K-H,
> I really don't want you to get any more upset with me then you already are. The reason I gave up on the
> challenge was it was mostly driver based and I wanted to learn more in other areas. If you would like to
> discuss with me your concerns about my work on this list and how I can aid more please let me known.

You stopped so early in the challenge, you really have no idea what it
is "mostly" about, so don't make rash statements like that.

Again, unless you finish it, you will be ignored by me, and probably by
everyone else as well.

greg k-h