Re: [GIT PULL] x86 fixes

From: Matt Fleming
Date: Tue Sep 23 2014 - 10:37:22 EST

On Tue, 23 Sep, at 04:25:36PM, Maarten Lankhorst wrote:
> It seems to boot for me with direct efi netboot. But when I'm doing a
> local boot through refind instead I also hit that setup_efi_pci()
> failed bug, it doesn't look like it's fixed by reverting all the efi
> stub patches though. This might need more bisecting first...

Thanks for testing!

The "setup_efi_pci() failed!" message doesn't indicate a bug, it's
superfluous and I've queued up the below patch for v3.18.

But maybe we should merge it sooner since people are likely to interpret
it as indicating there's some boot bug (there isn't).

I know Josh was in favour of getting this message dropped and treating
this as a regression fix, but I was erring on the side of caution
because it's not critical.

tip folks, if I sent this patch to you in a pull request, would you
merge it?

---