Re: Fwd: [Proposal] PM sleep children of inactive I2C bus segments off Masters in multi-master systems

From: Wolfram Sang
Date: Wed Oct 01 2014 - 17:10:21 EST

> Maybe you can find an error code which with some level of confidence
> reflects "lost mastership". Then you can implement whatever makes sense
> for your use case in your user space application(s).

We have a documented fault code for ArbitrationLost and that is -EAGAIN
(see Documentation/i2c/fault-codes). If a driver does use something
else, patches are very welcome.

Other than that, I find this thread very confusing. Of course can
another master modify the clients, this is what multi-master is all
about, no?