Re: /dev/root changes with 3.17-rc

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Fri Oct 10 2014 - 08:53:10 EST

On Fri, 10 Oct 2014, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > I am not sure whether this is a kernel bug, but:
> > - booting with 3.16 I get
> > / mounted on /dev/sda6
> > - booting with 3.17-rc* I get
> > / mounted on /dev/root
>
> Where do you see the this? /proc/mounts?

After loads of testing I found out what is the problem: initramfs.

I normally compile my own kernel with all the drivers built-in,
and no initramfs ... and in this case, without initrd, it seems that
/ is somehow not remounted to a proper scsi device, but remains
at /dev/root.

Hope that helps

Norbert