Re: USB Ethernet gadget on Nokia n900

From: Tony Lindgren
Date: Tue Oct 28 2014 - 18:12:58 EST

* Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxx> [141028 15:06]:
> Hi!
>
> > Here's a patch that should fix the issues for built-in USB
> > gadgets.
> >
> > Pavel, care to see if this gets NFSroot over USB working again
> > for you?
>
> It seems to have did the trick for me. (Plus I needed to add
>
> +CONFIG_ARM_ATAG_DTB_COMPAT=y
> +CONFIG_ARM_ATAG_DTB_COMPAT_CMDLINE_FROM_BOOTLOADER=y
> +# CONFIG_ARM_ATAG_DTB_COMPAT_CMDLINE_EXTEND is not set
>
> to be able to control the command line, that's why testing took me a
> while.)

Hmm I think I have a patch somewhere here to enable the standard
bootz command for n900 mainline u-boot.. That way you can just do

# bootz ${loadaddr} - ${fdtaddr}

> Networking now works against 3.17-based kernel. Thanks!

Right on! Ideally the gadget probe would be event driven and called
after USB controller driver probe. But that would mean keeping a
list of all the gadgets as Felipe told me.

> Tested-by: Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxx>

Thanks for testing,

Tony