Re: AMR: sun7i: CPU hotplug support?

From: Jan Kiszka
Date: Mon Nov 10 2014 - 04:36:48 EST

On 2014-11-10 10:17, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> On 10/11/14 08:25, Jan Kiszka wrote:

> OK - I guess I will need a little guidance in then: Is there a good
>>> reference board to study and to derive from? And maybe also: What
>>> is missing or not working in that u-boot branch? If I get this
>>> interface right, I just takes some device tree bits to enable
>>> this for the kernel afterward, correct?
>>
>> Started to play with that patch in naive ways: CPU0 locks up when
>> offlining CPU1 - unless I disable the FIQ signal from CPU1. Then
>> it "works", both offlining and onlining again. However, I suspect
>> that this only parks CPU1 in wfi and does not do anything
>> interesting to it.
>
> Here's how this is supposed to work:
> - CPU1 sends a FIQ to CPU0, bringing it into secure mode.
> - CPU0 then kills CPU1 by doing the magic incantations on the power
> controller
>
> What is missing here is all the cache cleaning before signalling CPU0.
> If you add that, things should look a lot better (patches welcome).

Unsure about this, or maybe this was too simplistic: I added calls to
u-boot's flush_dcache_all and invalidate_icache_all (right after
disabling the cache, just like the vendor kernel does), but CPU0 still
locks up. I suspect there is still a bug in the FIQ handling. There is
also a suspicious single "@" printed on the console. I'll play with the
FIQ handler a bit.

Jan