Re: AMR: sun7i: CPU hotplug support?

From: Jan Kiszka
Date: Mon Nov 10 2014 - 05:34:09 EST

On 2014-11-10 10:52, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> On 10/11/14 09:36, Jan Kiszka wrote:

> OK - I guess I will need a little guidance in then: Is there a good

>>> Here's how this is supposed to work: - CPU1 sends a FIQ to CPU0,
>>> bringing it into secure mode. - CPU0 then kills CPU1 by doing the
>>> magic incantations on the power controller
>>>
>>> What is missing here is all the cache cleaning before signalling
>>> CPU0. If you add that, things should look a lot better (patches
>>> welcome).
>
>> Unsure about this, or maybe this was too simplistic: I added calls
>> to u-boot's flush_dcache_all and invalidate_icache_all (right
>> after disabling the cache, just like the vendor kernel does), but
>> CPU0 still locks up. I suspect there is still a bug in the FIQ
>> handling. There is also a suspicious single "@" printed on the
>> console. I'll play with the FIQ handler a bit.
>
> The '@' is just my own debug stuff, and might be causing issues too.
>
> Now, you have to realise that by the time you call into this code,
> u-boot itself is long gone. Only the tiny bit of code dealing with
> PSCI still lives in a bank of static, secure memory. So calling into
> u-boot for anything is doomed. You need to actually put the code
> inside the PSCI backend.

OK - seems like quite a bit of code needs to be pulled over...

Meanwhile I'm still starring at psci_fiq_enter:
movw r8, #(GICC_BASE & 0xffff)
movt r8, #(GICC_BASE >> 16)
ldr r9, [r8, #GICC_IAR]
movw r10, #0x3ff
movt r10, #0
cmp r9, r10
bne out1
movw r10, #0x3fe
cmp r9, r10
bne out1

How can GICC_IAR be 0x3ff and 0x3fe at the same time? These tests seems
bogus. What was the actual intention here?

Jan