Re: MIPS: ralink: CONFIG_RALINK_ILL_ACC?

From: Paul Bolle
Date: Mon Nov 10 2014 - 07:32:56 EST

Hi John,

This message never made it to my Inbox. I copied it from a mips' list
archive om the web. That kept this issue on my TODO list, although it
actually was resolved quite quickly.

On Mon, 2014-10-27 at 11:03 +0100, John Crispin wrote:
> On 27/10/2014 10:54, Paul Bolle wrote:
> > Your commit 78865eacb4aa ("MIPS: ralink: add illegal access
> > driver") landed in today's linux-next (ie, next-20141027). That
> > commit dates back to May 16, 2013! It adds a driver that is built
> > if CONFIG_RALINK_ILL_ACC is set. But there's no Kconfig symbol
> > RALINK_ILL_ACC.
> >
> > I assume that patch that adds this symbol is queued somewhere. Is
> > that correct?
>
> i'll look into it. the commit that move all dts files to a central
> folder broke some of my patches so i had to rebase them. apparently
> the bit that adds the symbol got lost.

(CONFIG_RALINK_ILL_ACC was already gone in next-20141029. So that issue
is resolved, as far as I care.)

> out of interest, how did you spot this ?

See https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/9/26/456:
I have a 800 line perl monster that checks for stuff like this. It's not
very sophisticated but smart enough to spot typos like this one. I try
to have it check each linux-next (and mainline) release.

(I think Valentin Rothberg is trying to automate this properly. See
http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2014/ocw/sessions/1863 .)

This is the last time I'll put pressure on Valentin _publicly_, I
promise!

Paul Bolle