Re: [RFC 1/2] sched/fair: Add cumulative average of load_avg_contrib to a task

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Tue Nov 11 2014 - 12:29:20 EST

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 08:22:55PM +0530, Shilpasri G Bhat wrote:
> Cumulative load was our initial attempt at overcoming this. It is true
> that this is not the best solution. We wanted the community's suggestion
> on how to get around this issue. What do you propose?

Shoot cpufreq in the head basically :-) We're looking at completely
reworking the way we do things.

We basically want to integrate cpufreq into the scheduler and effect
frequency changes from the scheduler context where possible, only
reverting to schedulable context (kworker) where there is no other
possibility.