RE: phy/micrel: KSZ8031RNL RMII clock reconfiguration bug

From: Bruno Thomsen
Date: Mon Nov 17 2014 - 09:56:55 EST

> Did you specify a led-mode as well, or was the Operation Mode Strap Override (OMSO) write the first access after the soft reset?
No led-mode was specified so OMSO was the first write.

> Did you try any other workarounds besides setting the clock mode before doing the OMSO write?
I spend around 2 weeks hunting down the bug.
During which I tried many things in both the Freescale FEC MAC driver and the Micrel PHY driver.
Changing the init and the probe flow as well as adding a lot of extra debug traces.

> And REF_CLK (pin 16) is not connected?
Yes, pin 16 is floating.

> Would you able to test my series on your setup, and possibly a couple of diagnostic patches on top?
Sure, I can try later this week.

/Bruno