Re: New crashes walking proc with Saturday's git

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Sun Nov 23 2014 - 11:33:15 EST

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 11:16:51AM -0500, Chris Mason wrote:
> It must be:
>
> commit 6e998916dfe327e785e7c2447959b2c1a3ea4930
> Author: Stanislaw Gruszka <sgruszka@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Wed Nov 12 16:58:44 2014 +0100
>
> sched/cputime: Fix clock_nanosleep()/clock_gettime() inconsistency
>
> I'll do two runs to confirm, but it's the only related patch between rc5 and
> now.

Cool, let me know and I'll revert here too to verify. It might take a
while to confirm as it happens only during resume but I could try the
fork bomb if I must.

>From looking at it I'm not getting any smarter. We iterate over the
threads under a rcu_read_lock() so we should be protected. Unless the
sched changes have somehow effect on RCU grace periods but WTH do I
know... This is crazy code.

Thanks.

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Sent from a fat crate under my desk. Formatting is fine.