Re: Linux 3.18-rc6

From: Dave Jones
Date: Sun Nov 23 2014 - 19:25:35 EST

On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 04:08:21PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Really not a whole lot of code changed, and if it wasn't for the
> pending trouble from DaveJ, I'd probably be perfectly happy. Let's see
> how that all unfolds, but in the meantime, the more testing this can
> get, the better.

FYI, I gave 3.17 + perf fixes ~36 hours of runtime before calling it
good on Friday. Since then I've started a bisect, and I'm about 3 builds
deep on that, with 9-10 to go. 2 of the bad builds took the better part
of a day to hit, with the third happening in just an hour.
Hopefully I get more of the latter kind, and we can wrap this up this
week, though thanksgiving may upset things.

Dave