Re: Question about fixed regulator DT properties

From: Mark Brown
Date: Tue Nov 25 2014 - 07:20:10 EST

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 04:38:01PM +0200, Vladimir Zapolskiy wrote:
> Hello Mark,
>
> On 18.11.2014 17:00, Vladimir Zapolskiy wrote:

Your mail is really quite long and all in quotes which makes it hard to
follow, brevity is really helpful to readers.

> > | regulator-boot-on | enable-active-high | GPIO polarity | GPIO output |
> > +-------------------+--------------------+---------------+-------------+
> > | no | yes | active high | low |
> > | no | no | active low | high |

> > I'd rather think that both resulting GPIO outputs are incorrect or
> > better to say do not correspond to my perception of "regulator-boot-on"
> > and "enable-active-high" DTS properties described in the documentation,
> > however above "enable-active-high" and actual GPIO polarity are the same
> > (when they are not, it is another open topic for discussion).

What you're saying seems sensible.

> > Should documentation be updated to reflect "regulator-boot-on" role that
> > a regulator is re-enabled by the kernel?

I'm confused about this. That's the sole purpose of the flag and as far
as I can tell it's what the documentation says.

> > Should "enable-active-high" be replaced by getting GPIO flags directly?

Probably makes sense, it predates those flags by quite some time.