Re: linux-next: add the omap-pending tree

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Thu Dec 25 2014 - 23:46:41 EST

Hi Tony,

On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 12:02:30 -0800 Tony Lindgren <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Makes sense to me. The delay in getting omap stuff into Linux next
> via arm-soc for-next is just too long because of the large number
> of pending pull requests for various ARM SoCs.

Maybe that requires a conversation with the arm-soc tree mailtainers ...

> While at it, can you please also (re-)add omap for-next too:
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap.git#for-next

Added from today (called "omap" with you as the contact).

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next. As
you may know, this is not a judgment of your code. The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
* submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
Signed-off-by,
* posted to the relevant mailing list,
* reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
* successfully unit tested, and
* destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch). It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell