Re: [Bugfix 0/3] Xen IRQ related hotfixes for v3.19

From: Stefan Bader
Date: Mon Feb 09 2015 - 11:10:02 EST

On 09.02.2015 13:29, Stefan Bader wrote:
> On 09.02.2015 13:12, Jiang Liu wrote:

>>> This would be my attempt of backporting those to 3.18 (I have not tried whether
>>> they would apply to 3.17 as well). Those seem to work when test-booting and
>>> Sander said he will give them a try as well. But better check yourself I did not
>>> mess anything up while backporting. One of the three patches seemed not to be
>>> required at all.
>> I'm backporting them too, but now I will give up my patches:)
>>
>> The first one is a must, which should be applied to 3.17 and 3.18.
>> The second one doesn't apply to 3.17 or 3.18.
>> The third may be applied to v3.17 and v3.18, but it shouldn't be applied
>> according to the stable-kernel doc because no user reports such a bug yet.
>
> Hm, ok. So maybe I should retry with only patch#1 and verify that alone gets
> around the acpi irq and the usb problems, too. Though interestingly from the
> history, the acpi irq I saw in 3.17 while the usb devices started to fail with
> 3.18. I will let you know in a bit. Just want to finish another bisect first.

So it looks like patch #1 indeed does fix both the acpi irq and my usb devices.
Sander, do you want to verify that variant, too?

The only odd thing left in a 3.18 with the fix (regardless of using patch #1
only or patches #1 and #3) is that the ahci driver shows up with its pci bus
number in /proc/interrupts. But that does not seem to have any relevant downside
(cannot try 3.19 on that box right now for other reasons).

-Stefan

# 57: 12441 0 0 0 xen-pirq-msi 0000:00:1f.2
# (used to be ahci)