Re: blk-mq crash with dm-multipath in for-3.20/core

From: Keith Busch
Date: Mon Feb 09 2015 - 12:08:05 EST

On Mon, 9 Feb 2015, Mike Snitzer wrote:
On Mon, Feb 09 2015 at 11:38am -0500,
Dongsu Park <dongsu.park@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So that commit 6d6285c45f5a should be either reverted, or moved to
linux-dm tree, doesn't it?

Cheers,
Dongsu

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/dm-devel/2015-January/msg00171.html
[2] https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/device-mapper/linux-dm.git/commit/?h=dm-for-3.20&id=102e38b1030e883efc022dfdc7b7e7a3de70d1c5

Right, we're aware of this typo in 6d6285c45f5a. Sorry about that, but
as you noted, once both the linux-block and linux-dm branches for 3.20
are merged all is back to working.

So we're planning to just leave the block commit as broken and let the
dm commit you noted fix it up. In the end 3.20-rc1 will have a working
dm-multipath.

Oh, we're not going rebase the series with the correction? I'm concerned
someone biscecting a completely unrelated problem might step on this
commit. Up to you guys. It's my fault, so I'll deal with the consequences.