Re: [GIT PULL] x86/apic updates for v3.20

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Feb 12 2015 - 21:09:02 EST

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 6:06 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> FWIW, I have a revert in my tree which is related to broken suspend. Commits
> to revert are e06bf91b59d3 and 37d11391c2de in this order.
>
> I'll be sending a pull request with that tomorrow.

It's neither of those for me. It's:

5fcee53ce705d49c766f8a302c7e93bdfc33c124 is the first bad commit
commit 5fcee53ce705d49c766f8a302c7e93bdfc33c124
Author: Jiang Liu <jiang.liu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed Jan 7 15:31:38 2015 +0800

x86/apic: Only disable CPU x2apic mode when necessary

according to my bisect.

Jiang, Joerg - that commit seems to cause a lockup at suspend time for
me. Now, I haven't verified by reverting it from top-of-git yet, but
the bisection seemed to be pretty stable. I'll try the revert next (it
doesn't revert cleanly, but I can undo it by hand).

Any ideas? The Pixel Chromebook does have an odd and often broken
BIOS/firmware thing, but it *used* to suspend and resume very reliably
once we got around its insane TPM thing.

Linus