Re: [GIT PULL] x86/apic updates for v3.20

From: Jiang Liu
Date: Fri Feb 13 2015 - 00:05:31 EST

On 2015/2/13 10:50, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 6:08 PM, Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Jiang, Joerg - that commit seems to cause a lockup at suspend time for
>> me. Now, I haven't verified by reverting it from top-of-git yet, but
>> the bisection seemed to be pretty stable. I'll try the revert next (it
>> doesn't revert cleanly, but I can undo it by hand).
>
> Confirmed. Reverting 5fcee53ce705 make the pixel suspend cleanly again.
Hi Linus,
Sorry for the trouble. Seems there are conflicts between x2apic
and suspend on Chromebook. With commit 5fcee53ce705 applied, x2apic
may be enabled on Chromebook, which in turn may cause suspend failure.
Could you please help to revert the change first? I will try to find
a Chromebook laptop and do more investigation.
Regards!
Gerry