Re: n900 audio: any ideas how to get headset speaker to work?

From: Patrik Bachan aka DiGGiT
Date: Sun Feb 15 2015 - 09:45:33 EST

> Hi!
>
> By default, output goes to loudspeaker (top right relative to
> keyboard). Any ideas how to switch it to the speaker on the left or
> wired headset? Because I suspect that echo cancelation is not going to
> be simple...
> Pavel
> --
> (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek
> (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html

Hi,
in case of direct alsa output (not PA), setup is pretty complex.
Headphones referenced as line. All audio outputs are differential.
Here are controls that affects volumes...

global:
PCM (volume)
left/right DAC mux (below)
-- DAC_L1/R1 passes sound to loudspeakers, line, (maybe others)
-- DAC_L2/R2 passes sound to loudspeakers, NOT line, (maybe others)
-- DAC_L3/R3 passes sound to NOT loudspeakers, line, (maybe others)
if DAC_L1/R1 is chosen, you can hear lower volume on both
outputs in compare to dedicated outputs (DAC_L2/R2, DAC_L3/R3),
probabbly due to higher load of ADC

loudspeakers:
Speaker function (on)
HP (unmute)
HP DAC (volume)
left HP Mixer DACL1 (below)
right HP Mixer DACR1 (below)
--unmute theese two, this will pass left channel sound to left
channel output and vice versa
left HP Mixer DACR1 (below)
right HP Mixer DACL1 (below)
--mute these two, this controls channel crosstalk ( amount of left
channel sound going to right channel output and vice versa)

line:
line (unmute)
line DAC (volume)
jack function (headphone)
TPA6130A2 Headphone (volume)
left Line Mixer DACL1 (below)
right Line Mixer DACR1 (below)
--unmute theese two, this will pass left channel sound to left
channel output and vice versa
left Line Mixer DACR1 (below)
right Line Mixer DACL1 (below)