Re: [GIT PULL]: few dma-buf updates for 3.20-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Feb 21 2015 - 15:12:47 EST

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 8:27 AM, Sumit Semwal <sumit.semwal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Could you please pull a few dma-buf changes for 3.20-rc1? Nothing
> fancy, minor cleanups.

No.

I pulled, and immediately unpulled again.

This is complete shit, and the compiler even tells you so:

drivers/staging/android/ion/ion.c: In function âion_share_dma_bufâ:
drivers/staging/android/ion/ion.c:1112:24: warning: âbufferâ is
used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
exp_info.size = buffer->size;
^

Introduced by "dma-buf: cleanup dma_buf_export() to make it easily extensible".

I'm not taking "cleanups" like this. And I certainly don't appreciate
being sent completely bogus shit pull requests at the end of the merge
cycle.

Linus