Re: [RFC v2 0/4] fs/locks: Use plain percpu spinlocks instead of lglock to protect file_lock

From: Daniel Wagner
Date: Mon Mar 02 2015 - 11:44:40 EST

On 03/02/2015 04:23 PM, Jeff Layton wrote:
These look good at first glance, but I do need to go over patches 3 and
4 in more detail.

FWIW, usually when I see "RFC" in the subject, I take it as a hint that
this is still work-in-progress and that you're looking for early feedback
on it, and hence they it shouldn't be merged yet. Is that the case
here, or would I be OK to merge these?

I screwed that part over. I wanted to send them as 'PATCH'. Though I have planned to do another benchmark round and see if it there isn't any problem left in there.

Thanks for going easy on me, first time looking at this end of the kernel :)

cheers,
daniel